Lessons From The Loom

I have been having so much fun weaving but as a new weaver I have learned some very valuable lessons. Here is my finished sample... Against the advice from my teacher I cut the sampler off the loom... I realized that after doing that that I am wasting a bunch of thread that way but! I thought well if I don't make mistakes I will not learn.
This picture was my sampler coming off the loom. I have decided to make several samplers and a towel or two.
All cut, now to take it off and wash it

Now I have to retie the warp thread back onto the loom. In the picture above there are 20 warp threads per tie... I thought it was to many so I retied twelve warp threads each as I tied them all back up

Every thing looks pretty good so far. This is actually my first time tying the warp to the loom. My teacher did mine last time as a class demonstration so now I wanted to see how it worked for me...
I learned why there needs to be more warp threads in one tie up. The pictures below are proof why
It makes a very loose weave... good thing I only got this far because I am going to take it out and start all over again... This is so much fun... I love learning by my mistakes... How else can I learn except through them. This has by far been the best choice to learn weaving... I love it

Comments

Popular Posts