Broken Strings

Update: While looking over my new loom I found this small hairline fracture. So I called Bob at Gilmore looms in Stockton California and asked what could be done. He basically said nothing can be done but it is slight and will not crack more if I am careful. He said this crack was caused by allowing part of the loom to hit the floor and said that this is very common with this loom.

Excitedly enough I did find out more information on this loom from Bob.

The loom is an x-frame loom built between the late 1940's to early 1950's. The loom was purchased by Lois Ericson in the 1970's and in 1989 by her daughter and now 2016 by me. It still needs some deep cleaning but I love that this 60+ year old loom has been used by many over the years.

I am anxious to get started using it but in the mean time I have to finish my towel pictured below
I was going fast and furious thoroughly enjoying myself loving the repetitive movement today and I made a good bit of cloth until....
My selvage snapped. I was warned about making sure to keep an eye on it but... sadly I forgot to watch it... Now I have to figure how to fix it. So needless to say my weaving momentum came to a screeching halt... I will have to look at it later after I have studied a bit on how to fix it :-) Loving each step of the way... Even the parts that cause me to stop lol

Comments

Popular Posts